Closing Date: 2019/10/17
|Job Title||Gardener (I-Hay band) 2 positions|
|Portfolio||Bulk Water Services – Operations|
|Job Type Classification||Permanent|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
|Location – Province||Gauteng|
|Location – Town / City||Vereeniging|
|Location – Site||Vereeniging|
|Job Advert Summary||The successful candidate will form part of the EMS team, and will maintain and develop landscapes and facilities using various horticultural equipment, machines and tools in a labour intensive work environment as instructed.|
|Minimum Requirements||• Standard 10/Grade 12 with six months relevant garden/nursery experience.|
• Ability to operate horticultural machinery such as brush cutters, clearing saws and lawnmowers.
• Basic safety knowledge and ability to undertake the work.
|Primary Duties||• Grounds maintenance and construction of lawns.|
• Cleaning, sweeping, weeding and watering of plants.
• Application of fertilizers, compost and chemicals as per instruction.
• Removing and loading of debris etc.
• Application and use of specialised machinery such as hand held blowers, lawnmowers, brush cutters.
• Support with decorations and construction when required.
|Knowledge||• Ability to operate brush-cutters, push-type lawn mower, garden tools, etc.|
• Basic plant knowledge
|Skills||• Horticultural skills.|
• To be able to operate above mentioned horticultural equipment.
• Communication (Verbal & written)
|Attitude||• Team player.|
• Concern for order.
• Safety consciousness